Friday 31 July 2009

Ottringham To Hull


That's more like it, I've been arsing about going from place to place and not getting lost for days now for goodness sake- well I was back on form today, I'd been dreading today what with having to negotiate the whole of Hull and all. I had cunningly devised a route bypassing most of the city and sidling along to the east via a scenic route. When I came face to face with a busy dual carriageway and two giant chimneys puffing thick white smoke from their giant gaping mouths it didn't seem so scenic suddenly. In fact I had turned West instead of East and was left with one of those nightmare stumbles along a grass verge to get back on course that I know so well. Actually If I'd have headed straight to the campsite where I'm going tomorrow it would have been decidedly quicker, but it was worth it for being able to stretch out in the bath in my luxourious room here at the Acorn Guest House - it's the first time I've been able to sit upright for a week and I feel strangely guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment