Friday 3 July 2009

Day 10 - Redcar to Hinderwell




That was exhilarating stuff - a good 16 miles of terrific scenery, scrambling up steep hills, bumbling through gorse bushes, and getting piss wet through.


It turns out that NONE of my gear is water proof. My "Hi-Tec super watertight walking shoes were water tight for approximately 30 seconds, though my cagoule to be fair to it lasted a full minute - well done! The same goes for my rucksack and cagoule bottoms or whatever you call them.

The camp site is all very civilized mind you, nesting boxes for doves, oak panelling in the wash room, radio 2 piped into the toilet block (I had a slash to Neil Sedaka earlier), and a camp chicken! - When I say a camp chicken I don't mean that it struts about with one claw on its hip, I mean that it seems to belong here.

Anyway, the bloke in the next tent has wind and I am about to climb into a damp sleeping bag (these two statements are entirely un connected).

No comments:

Post a Comment