Thursday 30 July 2009

Kilnsea To Ottringham

Went for a little walk this morning (it was still raining) and discovered that there was a pub 50 yards round the corner (after I'd been sheltering in me tent for hors on end!). Mind you I was drying the gear off at the time and could hardly have sat there with a pint of Smiths propped up against the bar in me undercrackers.
It was gloriously sunny when I set off but by the half hour mark I had hailstones bouncing off me head - in July! - what are the odds on that? well, pretty short as it turns out cos it happened again just after I'd pitched the tent and headed off toward the nearest town for provisions. These were even bigger, I felt as though I was being stoned to death and cowered beneath a bush until the cease fire was sounded.
I'm still trying to dry out the shirt from yesterday, cos I'd hung it out to dry just as the second storm broke, it was nearly dry when I set off but now it's like a dish cloth that's just been slung in a bucket of glue, also my one and only pair of trousers are now brown and green (they were creme when I got em from Primark last week).
Having a lovely time. Kev x

No comments:

Post a Comment