Wednesday 1 July 2009

Day 8 - Dalton Piercy to Thornaby-On-Tees

This is getting bloody dangerous! After a winding walk through leafy dale and the chocolate box village of Dalton Piercy I was looking at a snarling A19 that looked like the M1 at about 5 O'clock on a friday, I tootled along the central reservation while huge juggernauts whistled past my left shoulder every 5 seconds, whooshing into the distance and blowing my hat off. (I had thought this to be a quiet country road). The gorilla has to be put away in his box on such occasions, for I need to see ALL around me and not just 2 little holes in front of me, as is the case with the mask on. I evntually stoppped at a petrol station for a Mars bar and picked up an A to Z for Durham - can't read these things either - too big a scale - can't see the whole picture.
Arrived here in Thornaby-On-Tees which is a spot on campsite, nice people, clean toilet block and a 24 hour Asda next door - FOOD! - I've been gorging myself all day long. Usually these places are in the middle of nowhere and starvation is always a possibility, many's the time I've been reduced to making a banana last all day and nibbling at the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment