Thursday 30 July 2009

Withernsea To Kilnsea

Well hats off to Withernsea Sands campsite for not only being the worst place I've stayed at but also the most expensive (£22 for a patch of grass - paid in advance). Loved the retro toliet block - good to see the old chain flush up and running (would have been nice if somebody had pulled it now and again - why do kids never flush the bloody toilet!?). As I needed to hand my toilet key back to get the deposit back I asked at reception what time they opened - "About 8 O'Clock" I was told. "About 8am meant 9.05am as it turned out and when I delayed my departure for this the receptionist had the temerity to ask if I had slept in!!
After walking for half an hour today the heavens opened - and stayed open, and coupled with the odd lively wind or two the result was utter misery. Got to the site but walked past it (not surprising as it was someones garden), but there was nobody there, - found a little wooden cross with my name on it though (what do they know that I don't?). I am know holed up in the middle of nowhere - and I mean nowhere for approx 18 hours while I dry my gear off.
There's absolutely nothing here - not even trees! and I feel as though I've stumbled upon a horrible new world.
Wish you were here - Kev. x
P.S have just found a "Pot Noodle" so I will live to fight another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment