Saturday 4 July 2009

Day 11 - Hinderwell to Whitby







The gorilla swanned into town this afternoon as if he'd never been away, as usual I head for a quiet spot (in this case a park) so as to get changed into me "civvies" - it was this act that resulted in me getting hoplessly lost (let's face I'm the world champion) and making what should have been a straight forward 10 mile amble into a 6 hour job. But hey, - I wouldn't have it any other way.



Strangest sight of the day when I came across an elderly chap when I was sitting down overlooking Runswick Bay necking a sly banana, bowling past me in skimpy shorts, blue knee pads and a solitary pick type thing in his hand. I can only think he was about to inch his way down the huge cliff - either that or he was putting shelves up.



It's the first time I've been to Whitby and I have to say I'm impressed, would definately bob back for a weekend sometime. So me and the monkey head back to Blackpool tomorrow for some comfy sleeps and some sustanance, I'm almost to the last notch of me belt, and he's not looking too chipper either.



No comments:

Post a Comment