Thursday 25 June 2009

Day 4 - Lesbury to Ashington


Well, there’s another belter, - I’d written down today’s walk as 13 miles in my little book but somewhere along the line I’d mistaken a 3 for an 8, because this one turned out to be 18 miles. That’s 18 miles minimum, and if I’d have gone down the coast road, you’d have never seen me again. So I had to go directly to Ashington the quickest way which was all the way down the A1068. This meant walking mainly on the grass verge dodging on coming traffic, which was not nice, they simply aren’t designed to be walked on with their thick spongy grass and little pot holes acting as man traps and I stumbled along for mile after mile like a drunken woman in stilettos. The highlight of the day was when I stopped for a banana and to re duct tape me toes.
For the first time I wasn’t panicking about getting lost though so had to amuse myself by talking to no one in particular and singing (my radio packed up 2 days ago).
If you had ever cause to write home, Ashington would not be the cause of it, but the campsite about 2 mile away is excellent, and just as well as I’ve got a day off tomorrow! – might go to Newbiggin-By-The-Sea which is where I should be anyway (I’m about 4 mile from the coast here). Need to do some washing an all – me socks have just had me in a head lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment