Wednesday 24 June 2009

Day 3 - Beadnell Bay to Lesbury


After looking at the map I decided that today it would be impossible to get lost as the coast road went all the way to Lesbury, surely even I couldn’t find any woods down there. Anyway, after 10 minutes the path led to the beach and confused the life out of me. I did a detour and ended up down a private road over looking someone’s garden, the somewhat frosty woman put me right and sent me on my way, exactly 10 minutes later I appeared at her garden once more. – What is it with me wanting to walk in circles all the time?! – think I’ll get a check up when I get home as I think that maybe I’ve got one leg longer than the other.
And so another walk that should have been about 4 hours turned out to be 7! – my estimates as to the distances are turning out to be grotesquely inaccurate and the last couple of hours today were pergutory as I battled the blisters incurred after yesterdays fiasco. What I didn’t realize when I planned this was how much more the treading the coastal paths add to journey times, I turn up everywhere late which means I don’t have the strength or the inclination to look round and have a nosey at these places.
The gorilla collected £1:50 in donations today as he came through Craster (another place you’ve never heard of), 3 different couples giving 50p each, add to that the woman from “Brock Mill Farm” giving me a fiver (cos I left before breakfast) and a bacon sarney, and you can see I’m going great guns. Todays comments, - from an elderly chap sat on a wall “Woof Woof” (no, me neither), and a well to do woman who said “We could see you coming towards us and from a distance we thought that maybe you were a Bee Keeper”

No comments:

Post a Comment