Wednesday 5 August 2009

North Summercotes or somewhere To Mablethorpe


After pitching the tent on a wasps nest at the last place I'm becoming a little weary of the wildlife shearing my living space. From the black beatles that seem to love the inside of my hat, the spider in my oxtail soup today - spit it out yer bastard! the Daddy long legs that live in my shoes and the ants down my pants their all Gods creatures I suppose but I don't want em. Add to the list these tiny black flies that got in my eyes, ears and intimate little crevases today - and buying an ice cream was out of the question. Mind yer, they're probably cleaner than me, with me grubby trousers, me walking top that's full of holes and muddy shoes (I was followed round the aisles by the staff in Costcutter today), I think I've turned into an undesirable as they say.

Anyway, the party ends here for the time being as I'm miles over budget and I'm heading home tomorrow (have to be back in Blackpool for the Cumberland Bar reunion at the weekend), I politely asked the bloke at reception here at the campsite where the train station was - "Skegness" came back the reply. So it looks like another long day - would have walked to Skeggy in normal circumstances but I haven't got a map, and lets face it I'm bad enough WITH one, so that's out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment